Admissions: Coterminal Applicants
Coterminal applicants: Applications for 2022-2023 (September 2022-June 2023) are closed. Applications for 2023-2024 will be available in late September 2022 and will be due in January 2023.
Qualifying for Coterminal Status:
- Applicants must be current Stanford undergraduate students.
- All applicants must have earned 120 units toward graduation (UTG) as shown on the undergraduate unofficial transcript. This includes allowable Advanced Placement (AP) and transfer credit.
- Applicants must have a major(s) declared.
- Applicants must have completed six non-summer quarters at Stanford (or two non-summer quarters at Stanford for transfer students).
- Applicants must submit their application and, if admitted, respond to the offer of admission no later than the response deadline.
- Per University policy, admitted coterminal students will need to have at least 1 quarter of overlap between their graduate (CHPR) careers and their undergraduate careers. Thus, an admitted coterminal student may not have their undergraduate degree conferred in a quarter prior to the quarter in which they matriculate into the M.S. in CHPR.
- Coterminal CHPR students may transfer eligible courses (up to 6 units) taken three non-summer quarters back from their first graduate quarter towards their CHPR master's degree. Course transfers must be approved by both the CHPR program and the undergraduate major program.
- See the Stanford Bulletin coterm webpages for more information.
Required Application Materials:
- Completed online Coterminal Application.
- Statement of Purpose (1-2 pages, 1 inch margins, 12 point font, single spaced)
- The Statement of Purpose should describe succinctly your reasons for applying to the CHPR program at Stanford, your preparation for this field of study, research interests, future career plans, and other aspects of your background and interests which may aid the admissions committee in evaluating your aptitude and motivation for graduate study.
- Two Letters of Recommendations from Stanford Professors
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Preliminary Program Proposal
- 1 copy of your Stanford transcript, submitted through the online application
- $125 application fee will be assessed by the Registrar if you are admitted and accept
- GRE scores not required
How To Apply:
- Ensure you’ve completed all of the “Required Application Materials” described above
- Complete the online Coterminal Application
- You must submit your application materials online by the application deadline
- Letters of recommendation are also due by the application deadline
- Applicants can expect to receive a decision in early March and must send their response to T.O. Preising at firstname.lastname@example.org before the response deadline